What is a cookie?
A cookie is a tiny piece of data that a website stores on your computer via your browser. The cookie saves select information about you so that the website is able to remember simple yet significant things for you, such as your username. In a nutshell: A cookie makes life online just a teensy bit easier for everyone.
Our highly-skilled tech team works extremely hard to make sure your data is kept safe!
Persistent cookies are used to e.g. save potential personal settings that you have chosen when browsing desenio.com, so that you can skip this step on consecutive visits. Session cookies are used to collect statistics on website usage.
If you choose to not accept cookies, you may turn off cookies under the security settings on your browser. Also note that you can manually delete cookies from your hard drive at any time.
How can I disable cookies?
It’s quick and easy to disable cookies on your computer. The ‘how’ depends on your browser. More details below.
- Click on the Menu (top right corner of your Firefox window) and select Options.
- Go to the Privacy panel.
- Under History go to Firefox will: and select Use custom settings for history.
- Untick the box Accept cookies from sites.
- Click on the Tools button (top right corner of your Internet Explorer window) and select Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Under Settings move the slider up so that it blocks all cookies.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Tools button (top right corner of your Google Chrome window) and select Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Show advanced settings.
- Go to Privacy and click on Content Settings.
- Under Cookies select Block sites from setting any data.
- Go to Safari in your Menu and click on Preferences.
- Select Privacy tab and go to Cookies and website data.
- Select Always block.
- Click on Manage Website Data to see more details and store cookies for specific websites.